Week #2 DONE!

I have to say, I'm pretty proud of myself right now. Not only am I two weeks into my organizing list, but I'm also actually making great progress!! Normally, with me, I start a job and don't finish it. Things get left in different piles because I don't know what to do with them, and then they just get put right back where they were. But this time, I'm clearing things off and keeping them that way too. It's a fantastic feeling, I have to tell you.

So, without further ado, here is the before picture of this weeks area, the top of the piano


and the after


Now, I have to tell you, I hate that green wall. Some day I am going to paint this room and get rid of it. But for now, it's what I have, so I live with it. I also should let you know that I do not touch my son's piano music. He has everything organized where he needs it to be and I'm not messing with that, not without his permission. :)

If you notice in the before photo, there is a blue shelf sitting on top of the piano. I took that shelf, cleaned it up and hung it over my quilting table. I'm going to use it for some of my sewing items, until I can get a proper quilting shelf. But, at least for now, it will be a very handy little shelf, to keep things out and accessible for me.



So, that is two weeks down! I'm very pleased with how the piano turned out. I threw away a lot of garbage, plus I found some items to put out for a yard sale later this summer.

Next weeks area is a big one. Hopefully it doesn't end up being bigger than I think, but I do know that it's one I've been dreading.

Till Monday my organizing friends!!

Comments

  1. Good for you!!! It's a good feeling when you get something accomplished that's been staring you in the face for months! :o) I really love that little blue shelf you're using for sewing supplies!

    Hope you have a happy weekend!!!

    xoxo, Sarah Kate
    http://dixie-creek-farm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah Kate! The blue shelf was a yard sale find. It was originally green, then I painted it to match the kitchen in my old house. It hung in my kitchen for 7 years until we sold and moved. It needs a bit of touching up now, but I still love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome job! ah wish i had a piano! Happy Organizing, I just finished my week 4 and I'm feeling better already and trying my hardest to keep everything i did organize, organized!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taffy, keep your eyes open on Kijiji and sites like that. We found this one free, all we had to do was pick it up and tune it. Our son is now preparing to sit for his Grade 3 exam for the Royal Conservatory of Music, all on a free piano!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I need to do some house cleaning myself! Hi! Just stopping by. Following you from Finding New Friends Weekend Blog Hop. Would love a visit and a follow back on my blog: http://blog.writerslairbooks.com. Thanks! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following back from MondayMingle! Thanks for linking up and I hope to see you again next week! Have a good evening!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts