SUPER Easy Upside Down Pinapple Cake

My grandmother was one of the most frugal (some called her cheap, but I plan on learning from her) people I have ever known. Having lived through the Great Depression as well as WWII, that lady knew how to stretch a dollar, let me tell you.

One of her biggest treats for me when I visited was her pinapple upside down cake. It wasn't like what my mom made, which was fancy and not something I ever really enjoyed, this was simple and to me, absolutely delicious. And knowing my grandmother, I knew it would be very inexpensive to make. I have one cooking in the oven right now, and it cost me $1.50 to make.

Are you ready? You're going to want to have your printer all primed for this one. :)

You need:

1 white cake mix
1 can crushed pineapple

Yup, that's it. You make the cake mix according to the directions. Pour the can of pinapple into the bottom of a greased cakepan, then pour the cakemix on top. Bake at 350 and voila! You have a very cheap, very delicious dessert that your family is sure to love. You can of course, serve it with icecream if you have any on hand, but that's up to you and will increase your cost.

My cost:

cake mix - $.99
pineapple - $.50

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts