Getting Back on Track

Well, as you all know by now, I have seriously let life get in the way for me.

This has affected all areas of my life, not just my blogging. Most notably, keeping any kind of schedule.

So, my goal this week, with it being a brand new week is to start working on a schedule that is functionable for my new lifestyle.

I work from home now, and while I love my job (no, seriously, guys, I love my job) working from home has a tendency to seep into all aspects of daily life.  There aren't clear lines between work and home life, and I have allowed that to dictate my entire existence.

I'd like to say that will change, but I'm realistic enough to know that I would just be lying to myself. So, what I need to do is figure out a way to have a happy marriage between the two.

So, I've started by strictly mapping out my work week. As a supervisor within the company I now work for, I am required to have several meetings during the week. Those are very easy to schedule and have been done already. Where I find it difficult is in the scans I need to do. I have a set number that need to be completed in a week and if the system isn't cooperative, then it puts me back. So, I have set aside 3 hours per day to complete this task, 7-10 am.

The rest of my day will be spent in meetings, enhancing my group, meeting with my supervisors, etc.

The big sticking point for me is working out a schedule for the home. In between all of this I need to find time to get this house reorganized and back on track.

This is where I'm looking to all of you. I need someone to help keep me accountable. Is there anyone out there that would be willing to work with me on this? Be accountable with me? It could be fun!

Either way, that is my goal. It's spring, and with spring, there are new beginnings. This is my fresh start. Would you like it to be your fresh start too?

Comments

Popular Posts